When it comes to moving freight,
we’ve been around the block a few times.
- Over 37,000,000 over the road miles driven
- Over 6 million miles driven in commercial zone deliveries
- Over 370,000 commercial zone deliveries in Houston and Dallas/Fort Worth
- Over 280,000 truckloads delivered
- Over 250,000 warehouse orders filled
- Over 40,000 truckloads brokered
And along the way, we learned a few things about transportation management, like how to trim fat and pass those savings to our customers. Whether you need a quick response to a spike in volume or a complete supply chain solution, we provide a highly efficient transportation network including freight transportation, inventory management, warehousing and material handling.
A lean budget is a beautiful thing. A lean budget means doing more with less while still making good on obligations for on-time delivery and superlative service. Competitive pricing on transportation management also makes for good business health: in more than 35 consecutive years, we’ve never lost a customer due to pricing or service.
No matter how large or small your business, the goal is the same: increase production and sales while decreasing costs for maximum profitability. We utilize our experience in the logistics industry to help our customers, large or small, near and far meet that goal through peak efficiency, on-time delivery and the highest quality of service in the industry (eliminating costly mistakes, stock shortages, and other wasteful errors).
- Matching port, rail or truck availability with production schedules, pickup window, transportation budget and delivery needs.
- Integrating product supply with warehouse capacity and overflow planning.
- Establishing the best mode of conveyance for particular freight needs whether intermodal container, pallet, box, crate, bag, barrel or drum.
- Matching price and delivery choices against product flow, transportation requirements, and projected costs.
- Oversee transport needs in alignment with best practices for safety, budgets, expenditures.
Developing a transportation strategy
We’ll help you develop distribution strategies for direct shipment, pool point shipping, cross docking, direct store delivery, closed loop shipping, mode transportation or transportation control. We’re experts with transportation management and can help with motor freight, railroad transport, and ocean or air freight. We also provide transportation control whether you’re working with owner-ops, private carriers, common carriers or contract carriers.
Our depth of knowledge in the logistics industry shows in our innovative service-oriented solutions whether local, regional or nationwide. WhiteStar's transportation fleet includes straight trucks, tractors, van trailers, flatbed trailers, lift gates, 2-man inside pickup and delivery, rail drayage, and electric pallet jacks.
What sets us apart
We provide transportation management to Fortune 500 companies and single proprietors. While the scope of their needs may vary, they all have one thing in common; needing high-level service at competitive prices to be successful in their activities. Understanding this truth is one thing. But providing it everyday, is what sets us apart from our competition.
This, combined with our customer-friendly approach Is what makes us unique. When you entrust WhiteStar with your transportation management needs you can expect the best. Contact us today to see what we can do for you.